A proactive component of the Patient Safety program includes ongoing measurement and periodic analysis.
Implementation of processes incorporates patient safety principles and following are taken into consideration:
- >> Patient Rights.
- >> Patient/Family Education.
- >> Patient Assessment.
- >> Continuum of Care.
- >> Care of the Patients.
- >> Leadership.
- >> Infection Control.
- >> Management of the Environment of Care.
Methods to assure improvement of staff competence and support to an interdisciplinary approach to patient care is accomplished by:
- >> Providing ongoing education, including reporting mechanisms through trainings.
- >> Evaluating staff knowledge on a regular basis.
The other important aspects emphasized are:
- >> Leadership Commitment- Our leadership has defined safety as a priority in strategic planning.
- >> Patient Safety Education – Ongoing patient safety education regarding National patient Safety Goals is imparted to the staff.
- *Environmental safety:
- >> Fire fighting devices such as sprinklers, smoke detectors, extinguishers, etc are installed in the hospital.
- >> Personal protective equipment are provided to the staff.
- >> Belts are available in stretchers and wheelchairs.